Local Area Guide: Things to do / Activities / Attractions
THINGS TO DO
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY
Take a ride up the cliffs of Chino Canyon on the World’s largest rotating Tramcar and enjoy the wildlife and the breath taking vistas at over 8500 feet above the Coachella Valley. This is an adventure you will not soon forget. For tickets and more information visit http://pstramway.com or call 888-515-TRAM (8726)
THE LIVING DESERT ZOO
When they named the 1,200-acre zoo and botanical garden The Living Desert they weren’t kidding. Mountain lions, wolves, javelins, bobcats, golden eagles, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, leopards and much more abound here in a natural setting nestled at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains reminding one that the early Indians and pioneers were never alone.
Join us for a fun and fascinating journey into the deserts of the world. Bring your family and friends to discover The Living Desert’s exquisite botanical gardens and the natural wonders of the wild animal kingdom. Get closer. For more ticket information visit http://thelivingdesert.org or call 760-346-5694
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
Palm Springs Air Museum is the home of one of the nation’s largest collection of WWII flying aircraft displayed in a modern, well lit, air conditioned and clean hangers. There are extensive museum displays, Documentary Films, Lecture Series. Many of the volunteers flew these aircrafts and are always willing to share their stories with you. Take a step back in time and see how aviation helped the US win the war! For more information visit http://palmspringsairmuseum.org or call 760-778-6262
Palm Springs Bike Rentals 350 South Belardo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262 760-323-2453
Bike Palms Springs 194 S Indian Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262 760-832-8912
PLACES WE LOVE
Palm Canyon Drive at Alejo Drive
- Back area is fun and usually pretty lively
1700 S Camino Real at East Palm Canyon
- Indoor and patio seating
101 S Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs
Great for people watching
1751 N Sunrise Way at Ramon
- All the basics here along with Ralphs and CVS Pharmacy in the plaza
4733 East Palm Canyon, Palm Canyon
Spencer's Restaurant 701 W. Baristo Rd (760) 327-3446
- Upscale casual setting with a beautiful patio dining, also great for lunch and dinner
Cheeky's 622 N Palm Canyon (760) 327-7595
- This place is always packed so bring your patience and we recommend the flight of bacon
Highway Restaurant at the ACE Hotel 701 Palm Canyon Dr. (760) 325-9900
- Very casual but great for the basics
Norma’s 4200 East Palm Canyon (760) 770-5000
- Hip and cool at the Parker Hotel, outdoor patio dining and great people watching
Tyler’s Burgers 149 S Indian Canyon Drive (760) 325-2990
11A.M. 4 P.M. Monday – Saturday
- CASH ONLY!! Casual and fun in the heart of Palm Springs!! Order the potato salad!!!
L’Atelier Café 129 La Plaza (760) 778-7895
Fabulous French bistro featuring all homemade foods including the pastries!! Bon appetite!!
Sherman’s Deli 401 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way (760) 325-1199
Classic NYC style deli that offers a little bit of everything! The sandwiches are HUGE!!!
Manhattan in the Desert 2665 E Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92264 (760) 322-3354
This place throws portion control out the window and don’t even get me started on the deserts.
Restaurant 330 E. Amado Road (across from the post office) (760) 866-1952
- The best food in town, fun bar scene for happy hour
Copley’s on Palm Canyon 621 N. Palm Canyon (760) 327-9555
- Dine at what used to be Cary Grant’s home, great food
Wang’s of the Desert 424 S. Indian Canyon (760) 325-9264
- Asian inspired menu, fun dining room, Friday LGBT happy hour
LuLu 200 S. Palm Canyon Drive (760) 327-5858
- Fun downtown dining in the heart of Palm Springs with a lively atmosphere (indoor and outdoor dining, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Chi Chi @ the Avalon 415 S Belardo Rd (760) 318-3005
- Chic restaurant, outdoor dining makes this a place to be seen
El Mirasol 140 East Palm Canyon Drive (760) 323-0721
- Great Mexican food and strong margaritas need I say more!
John Henrys 1785 E Tahquitz Canyon Way (760) 327-7667
- A local institution! Just home cooked food, probably one of the best kept secrets here in the desert (reservation strongly recommended open 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Monday - Saturday)
Trio 707 N Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262 (760) 864-8746
- Great food in a hip cool space
Sweets & More
Palm Springs Fudge and Chocolate Inc.
211 S Palm Canyon Dr. Palm Springs, CA 92262
They have every kind of chocolate confection known to man!! They even have sugar free!!